Currently, the team is working on attaching a T-Shirt Cannon to our robot from 2011. Most teams enjoy leaving robots from the past together, but this particular robot was a failure in eyes. Due to our attitude when it came to this, we were willing to adapt it for another purpose. The first thing we did was remove the arm from the robot, which gave us a good base platform to work with. Following this, we started to fit the robot with the air tank, which is a re-purposed propane bottle with all the required air lines.
We already had the basic design because team members Nathan Bronec, Jonas Woerlein, and Kyle Campbell built the robot last year with the idea of altering it into an air cannon. The only objectives we have yet to complete involve painting the air cannon, building the mounting system for the cannon, creating a way to adjust the cannon’s trajectory, and placing some nice decals on the robot.